Samsung’s proprietary Smart Switch app is a convenient method for managing our Samsung device and transferring information from any other iOS or Android smartphone. Samsung has released Smart Switch as a mobile and desktop application to give users the best possible experience when managing their smartphones.
However, many people have questions about how to use Smart Switch for data transfer or backup and restoration. If you also had this question, you will find the solution to it below. In this comprehensive guide, I’ll show you all you need to know to get started with Samsung Smart Switch right away.
As was before said, Smart Switch by Samsung can be used on either a mobile device or a computer. While the desktop app can be used to back up and restore data, the mobile app is what’s needed to actually move files from one device to another. Learn how to utilize Smart Switch on various gadgets by reading this guide.
Smart Switch: Instructions for Windows and Mac
You may back up your Samsung smartphone and recover from a previous backup using the desktop software. It can also let you sync your phone with your email or Mac’s address book. If you want to know how to utilize Smart Switch on a personal computer, just do as follows:
Step 1: get the free Mac or Windows PC version of Smart Switch from the developer’s site. Simply launch the installer to customize the installation to your needs.
Step 2: After the software has finished installing, open it on your Mac or PC and link your Samsung to it through a USB cord. It would immediately recognize your gadget and present you with a plethora of customization choices.
Step 3: select “Backup” to begin syncing your Samsung to a computer. A full system backup of your Samsung phone is required for this.
Step 4: if you have made a backup of your Samsung, you may use the “Restore” button to get back the data you’ve stored there.
Step 5: If you want to manually restore an iTunes backup to your Samsung, you may do so as well by going to the more backup options.
Learn How to Move Content from an Apple Device to a Samsung!
Start by launching Smart Switch on your new Samsung phone, and then accept the terms of service by tapping Start.
- Choose Wireless, then Receive, and finally iOS.
- Enter your Apple ID and password for iCloud, then select the Sign In button.
- Select everything you need to copy, and then choose Import. Once you’ve imported your data, you can choose to download any associated media files, such as images or documents.
- If you’re using an iOS device, you can turn off iMessage when the transfer is complete by selecting the Close app option.
The Cable Transfer Method for iOS Devices:
- Turn on the new Samsung smartphone by activating the smart switch.
- Use the Connector to link your Samsung device to your iPhone.
- When prompted, press Next on your Samsung phone.
- In order to transmit data from one device to another, the new device will look for and connect to the old one.