Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse Soars with $51.8M Opening Day, Eyes $113.5M Weekend
Box office reports:Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verseshattered box office records with an astounding$51.8 million on its opening day, making it the biggest debut of 2023 so far. The film is projected to earn$113.5 million in its opening weekend. This would be the 3rd highest domestic opening ever for an animated movie and also the highest ever forSony Animation.
Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse Earns A CinemaScore, 95% on Rotten Tomatoes, and Tops IMDb as Highest-Rated Superhero Film
Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse is a highly praised film. It received an A rating from CinemaScore, has a 95% score on Rotten Tomatoes, and is one of the highest-rated movies on Letterboxd. It s also the top-rated superhero film on IMDb with 9.1/10 and had the biggest opening day of 2023 at the box office. Read ourreview.
Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse is a sequel toSpider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse(2018) and is set in a shared multiverse of alternate universes called theSpider-Verse. The film is directed by Joaquim Dos Santos, Kemp Powers, and Justin K. Thompson (in their feature directorial debuts) from a screenplay written by Phil Lord, Christopher Miller, and David Callaham. Seewhat happened at the end of the film.
After reuniting with Gwen Stacy, Brooklyn s full-time, friendly neighborhood Spider-Man is catapulted across the Multiverse, where he encounters a team of Spider-People charged with protecting its very existence. However, when the heroes clash on how to handle a new threat, Miles finds himself pitted against the other Spiders. He must soon redefine what it means to be a hero so he can save the people he loves most.
Produced byColumbia PicturesandSony Pictures Animationin association with Marvel Entertainment and distributed by Sony Pictures Releasing.
Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse is now playing in theaters. Check the ranking ofevery Sony-distributed Marvel Film.
- Film: Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse
- Director: Joaquim Dos Santos, Kemp Powers, Justin K. Thompson
- Screenplay: Phil Lord, Christopher Miller, David Callaham
- Shameik Moore as Miles Morales / Spider-Man
- Hailee Steinfeld as Gwen Stacy / Spider-Woman
- Brian Tyree Henry as Jefferson Davis
- Luna Lauren V lez as Rio Morales
- Jake Johnson as Peter B. Parker
- Jason Schwartzman as Scorpion / Mac Gargan
- Issa Rae as Jessica Drew / Spider-Woman
- Karan Soni as Alistair Smythe
- Daniel Kaluuya as Aaron Davis / Prowler
- Oscar Isaac as Miguel O Hara / Spider-Man 2099
Release Date: June 2, 2023 (United States)