The release date for Season 2 of The Wheel of Time was announced by Prime Video. The official Twitter account for Prime Video provided the season 2 first looks along with the release date. On Prime Video, the series debuted on September 1. View the photos below.
Rafe Judkins developed the television series for Amazon Prime Video, which is based on the Robert Jordan and Brandon Sanderson novel series of the same name.
Set in an epic fantasy world, The Wheel of Time follows Moiraine (Rosamund Pike), a member of the incredibly powerful all-female organization called the Aes Sedai, as she arrives in the small town of Two Rivers. There, she embarks on a dangerous, world-spanning journey with five young villagers, one of whom is prophesied to be the Dragon Reborn the one who will either save or destroy humanity.
The cast members of The Wheel of Time include:
- Rosamund Pike as Moiraine Damodred
- Josha Stradowski as Rand al Thor
- Marcus Rutherford as Perrin Aybara
- Zo Robins as Nynaeve al Meara
- Madeleine Madden as Egwene al Vere
- Daniel Henney as Lan Mandragoran
- D nal Finn as Mat Cauthon (recast)
- Kae Alexander as Min Farshaw
- Hammed Animashaun as Loial
- Priyanka Bose as Alanna Mosvani
- Jennifer Cheon Garcia as Leane Sharif
- Fares Fares as The Man
- Kate Fleetwood as Liandrin Guirale
- Emmanuel Imani as Ihvon
- Johann Myers as Padan Fain
- Taylor Napier as Maksim
- Sophie Okonedo as Siuan Sanche
- Guy Roberts as Uno Nomesta
Cast members returning, tentatively confirmed:
- Lilibet Biutanaseva as Eldrin Cauthon
- Litiana Biutanaseva as Bode Cauthon
- Juliet Howland as Natti Cauthon
- Sandy McDade as Maigan
newly confirmed cast members:
- Gregg Chillingirian as Ingtar Shinowa
- Ceara Coveney as Elayne Trakand
- Jay Duffy as Dain Bornhald
- Arnas Fedaravicius as Masema Dagar
- Xelia Mendes-Jones as TBA
- Natasha O Keeffe as TBA
- Ragga Ragnars as Bain
- Maja Simonsen as Chiad
- Meera Syal as Verin Mathwin
- Ayoola Smart as Aviendha
- Rima Te Wiata as Sheriam Bayanar
Eight episodes per week were released beginning with the November 2021 season 1 debut. It was renewed for a second season in May 2021, before the series premiered, and a third season in July 2022. The start of Season 2 is scheduled on September 1, 2023.
On September 1, 2023, The Wheel of Time’s second season will debut on Prime Video.
The main character and protagonist in The Wheel of Time series is Moiraine, portrayed by Rosamund Pike. She belongs to the Aes Sedai, a group that is exclusively composed of women.
The Wheel of Time is set in an epic fantasy world and follows Moiraine as she arrives in the small town of Two Rivers. She embarks on a perilous journey with five young villagers, one of whom is prophesied to be the Dragon Reborn the individual who will determine the fate of humanity, either saving it or causing its destruction.
Moiraine, portrayed by Rosamund Pike, is a central character in The Wheel of Time. She is a member of the powerful all-female organization called the Aes Sedai. Moiraine takes on the responsibility of guiding and protecting the group of young villagers, including the one who is believed to be the Dragon Reborn.
Source: Prime Video
Where to watch The Wheel of Time Season 1