Learn what you need to do to link a Samsung remote to your TV in this post. Keep reading
How Do I Pair My Samsung Remote to My TV?
You can set up an automatic pairing between your Samsung Smart Remote and your new Samsung TV, but you can also pair it manually if necessary. This manual connection process can be used if you obtain a new remote or if you want to pair your Samsung Smart Remote with a different Samsung TV.
- Power on your Samsung TV through the on-screen controls or a linked remote.
- Find the TV’s remote control sensor.
- Aim the remote control at the sensor.
- For at least three seconds, press and hold the Return and Play/Pause buttons on the remote.
- Turn off the TV and remove your finger from the Return and Play/Pause buttons when the Pairing Complete message appears.
How Can I Factory Reset My Samsung Tv Remote?
You might try resetting your Samsung remote if it isn’t working properly. Since removing the batteries is a part of the reset process, this is an excellent time to put in fresh ones if you haven’t done so recently. Weak batteries are another common source of trouble.
The Samsung remote control can be reset in the following ways:
- Take the remote’s batteries out.
- Hold off for at least eight seconds.
- Reinstall the batteries or swap them out for fresh ones.
- Follow the steps in the preceding section to successfully pair the remote with your TV.
Still Can’t Pair Your Samsung Remote?
Check sure the remote is providing an infrared (IR) signal to the TV if pairing fails but no error message appears on the screen.
You won’t be able to see the infrared signals being transmitted by your Samsung remote control, but the camera app on your phone will pick them up.
Here’s how to verify that the IR signal is being sent from your Samsung remote:
- The camera app needs to be launched.
- A frontal image of the remote can be captured using the camera on your phone, so aim it at the screen.
- Select an action on the remote control, such as power or volume.
- The IR transmitter will light up in your camera app if the remote transmits a signal.
The Samsung Smart Touch Remote — How Do I Set It Up?
The Samsung Smart Touch Remote integrates infrared (IR) and wireless (Bluetooth) technology. Only the power button has an infrared (IR) emitter; the others use Bluetooth to communicate with the TV. That means the remote can turn the TV on and off even if it isn’t paired; however, if the TV turns on but none of the other buttons work, pairing the remote is necessary.
The Samsung Smart Touch Remote can be paired in the following ways:
- Start up the TV.
- Keep the remote pointed at the TV’s infrared receiver as you go through the pairing process.
- For a total of three seconds, press and hold the Return and Guide buttons simultaneously on your remote.
- Keep your eyes on the TV’s bottom right corner.
- A green circle will appear in the right-hand corner of the screen if the matching is successful.
Without the Remote, how Do I Power up My Samsung Tv?
The standard location of the Samsung TV’s control box is the bottom right corner, just below the screen’s edge. To activate the set, keep the button depressed.
How To Factory Reset My Samsung Remote?
Resetting your Samsung remote may fix any erratic behavior. Take the batteries out first. Then, for the next eight seconds, press and hold the Power button. Replacing the batteries and re-pairing the remote with the TV may be required.